Maria Gabriella Ceravolo is Professor of Physical Rehabilitation Medicine, at Politecnica delle Marche University in Ancona, Italy, where she runs the Neurorehabilitation Clinic at the University Hospital.
Neurologist and PRM physician; PhD in Neurosciences.
Since 2017: President of the UEMS PRM Board;
Since 2014: member of the European Academy of Rehabilitation Medicine,
Her current appointments at Politecnica delle Marche University:
Vice-Dean for Education Activity Quality Assurance
Director of the Post-Graduate School in Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine
Director of Speech Therapy Course,
Main research activity:
- Functional assessment in Parkinson's Disease and related Movement Disorders.
- Effectiveness of innovative rehabilitation techniques including action observation, virtual reality and not-invasive cortical stimulation;
- Evidences of exercise-driven neuroplasticity through fMRI and Motor Evoked Potentials
- Epidemiology of Stroke-related and Parkinson's disease –related disability.
- Effectiveness of deep brain stimulation in Parkinson's disease and Epilepsy.
- Prognosis of functional decline in breast cancer subjects
- Instrumental assessment of posture and gait in stroke subjects and Parkinson's disease patients
- Effectiveness of spasticity treatment using botulinum toxin
- Neural correlates of financial decisions